The first International Spatial Humanities Sprint Camp (iSHCamp) will be held in Dublin, Ireland, 24th-26th October 2019. This camp is aimed at Early Career Researchers who have an interest in Spatial Humanities, and want to learn techniques and methodologies to further their scholarship. Attendees can submit an abstract for a poster (if they wish to present). Travel bursaries are also available for best poster abstract and best reflective blog post.
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
Timeline up to iSHCamp2019
- Call for Posters closes: Friday 13th September 2019 (for those who wish to submit a poster)
- Travel bursary call closes: Friday 13th September 2019
- Registration opens: Monday 16th October 2019
- Travel Bursary Awardees announced: week ending Friday 20th September 2019
- Registration closes: Friday 11th October 2019
- iSHCamp Workshop: Thurs 24th – Sat 26th October 2019
The camp will feature practical workshops from expert scholars in the field of Spatial and Geo Humanities, and will incorporate project work to enable participants to put their learning into practice.
Using maps and items from the famous Glucksman Library in Trinity College Dublin, at the end of this 3-day ‘sprint camp’, the participants will have produced a publicly-accessible resource that tells a story of Dublin, while making use of the techniques, tools and methods they have acquired.